Schulz Logistics is a freight broker business that assists shippers with freight ready to haul by finding trucking companies who are qualified to haul the load.
We are looking for a dedicated, reliable Freight Scheduler to join our team and help grow our business. Main responsibilities include setting appointments, data entry, and trouble-shooting shipper and receiver related issues. Potential candidates must have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail abilities, exceptional customer service, and an outgoing personality.
Scheduling is a challenging, dynamic process. Even after the schedule is made, numerous changes are normally required because of truck mechanical problems, hours of service issues, weather delays and other factors beyond the scheduler’s control. The scheduler needs to be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances in a medium-to-high stress environment.
- Communicate with coworkers for a list of loads that need appointment times.
- Set appointment times for truck drivers with shippers and receivers.
- Assist in tracking late and potential late trucks.
- Manage Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) for booking load appointments.
- Facilitate last-minute schedule changes to ensure all loads are covered for delivery and pick-up.
- Data entry of load and appointment times in an accurate and timely manner.
- Handle shipper and receiver related issues.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of personality types.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective customer service skills with a sense of urgency.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office and Internet applications experience.
- Reliable and dependable with an exceptional attendance record.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing setting.
- Outgoing, positive attitude.
- Possess knowledge of logistical concepts and supply chain terminology.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!