Schulz Logistics is looking for a dedicated, highly motivated Freight Broker to join our team and help grow our business. Some responsibilities include posting new shipments on carrier boards, scheduling appointments for pick-up and delivery, tracking shipments, and communicating directly with carriers and drivers to ensure timely arrivals and deliveries. Potential candidates must have excellent communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, exceptional customer service, and an outgoing personality.
- Post loads on carrier boards and enter load information into computer system.
- Make and receive calls to book trucks on loads and negotiate rates in a profitable manner.
- Review contracts, insurance, safety record, authority, and other background checks on carriers.
- Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery times.
- Track booked loads daily and communicate with shippers, carriers, and drivers to ensure on time arrivals and deliveries.
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer concerns and inquiries professionally.
- Effectively use telephone, email, and other forms of communication.
- Anticipate and identify problems and proactively work to solve problems.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with multiple carriers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field a plus.
- Must have transportation industry experience.
- Outgoing, positive attitude.
- Strong ability to solve problems with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of personality types.
- Strong customer service skills with a sense of urgency.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and Internet applications experience.
- Reliable and dependable with an exceptional attendance record.
- Strong work ethic and ability to respond to emails outside of office hours.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing setting.
- Possess knowledge of logistical concepts and supply chain terminology.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!